Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Launch 2022
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit celebrated the launch of their 2022 issue with a two-day fan event, with SI Swimsuit models, staff, influencers, and their first-ever Pay With Change partners at the Hard Rock Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Fans received an edition of the Sports Illustrated 2022 issue, with behind-the-scenes access to Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models, an inside look at the making of this year’s issue, engaging, one-of-a-kind activations from partners, and meaningful panel discussions.
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models, VIPS, and influencers walked the red carpet before the special concert with Kelsea Ballerini.
photos by Pedro Heshike
Schedule of Events
Saturday, May 21
11:00am – 5:00pm
The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel was transformed into an exclusive space for fun, engaging activations, one-of-a-kind Sports Illustrated Swimsuit installations, and house important conversations hosted and curated by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models and partners.
Guests had the chance to feel like a SI Swimsuit model with makeup touches from our partners at Maybelline. They enjoyed a relaxing cabana with mindfulness and self-care activities. Fans felt what it’s like to travel locations from across the world with live entertainment and relaxation stations from the beautiful US Virgin Islands. Cooled off the summer heat and explored the Arctics with partners at Celsius — plus other fun surprises!
Brave Together Panel presented by Maybelline
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Pay With Change and Maybelline Brave Together joined forces to drive awareness of Mental Health issues that affect women everywhere and break the stigma around therapy by amplifying key voices, decreasing stigma and opening the conversation.
Building Your Brand presented by Celsius
- CELSIUS and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit partnered together to utilize their platforms for all women to succeed, working hand in hand to provide the female following community, support, education, events and other resources to advance their careers. They collaborated together with Celsius to host Swim Lesson workshops at Launch Week to cover the latest trends on Digital Marketing, Content Creation, Social media & more.
Visionary Leaders presented by Nine West
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit celebrates visionary women who never stop dreaming, creating and leading the way. This conversation focused on the visionary women who embrace sisterhood and inspire others around the globe to take on the world in style while serving as role models for the next generation.
Inspiring Women presented by Frida Mom
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit is committed to shifting the narrative around what women’s bodies “should” look like by taking it one step further and using its platform to celebrate the raw realities of motherhood. They celebrated all of the inspiring women that have and continue to shape the future for women—especially those who are mothers.
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Trivia!
- Celebrated the evolution of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit with a fun game of trivia for a chance to win tickets to a private VIP concert later that evening with SI Swimsuit models, influencers and more!
SUNDAY, MAY 22ND
10:00am – 2:00pm
Fans relaxed and unwinded with Sports Illustrated Swimsuit to close out launch week. The half-day event included a workout led by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model, Katie Austin, as well as mental and physical wellness activations. Guests had the opportunity to learn tips and tricks from your favorite Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models and staff with open Q&A discussions and meet and greets so you can learn how you can be part of next year’s issue as they kicked off Swim Search 2023.
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Workout led by Katie Austin
- A workout alongside Sports Illustrated models and staff!
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit curated Q&A sessions, meet and greets and activations from partners opened for the remainder of the day.
Pick up your copy on newsstands beginning Monday, May 23rd