The Best Summer BBQ Party Checklist
1.Have a wide variety of food so that everyone has something to enjoy. While you may love BBQ ribs, not everyone does. Offer at least a couple of meats, several sides, and some party tries like fruits, veggies and dips. With a wide array, everyone is sure to have a good meal.
2.Don’t forget the condiments. Make sure you have ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. A good marinade for meats and dips for the chips.
3.Prep your food ahead of time. You don’t want to be caught getting stuff together after your guests have arrived. With everything is ready to, all you have to do is fire up the grill.
4.Make sure you have plenty of ice and cups. It’s always a good idea to have at least 50% more than you think you will need especially on a hot day.
6. Have plenty of plates and flatware on hand. You can use disposable if you plan on having an extensive guest list for a quick and easy cleanup.
7.Don’t forget to get an extra tank of propane. So many BBQ’s have been put on pause because the host didn’t have enough gas. If you have a spare tank, you’ll be sure to keep the grill going.
8. Remember all of your other grilling goodies: meat thermometer, grill brush, tongs, and spatula.
9. Make sure you have plenty of trash receptacles and trash bags. If no one knows where to put their trash, it’s going to pile up very quickly.
10. Put out mosquito candles or torches. It’s easy for insects to ruin a party. A few candles and torches can keep them at bay. Also have some bug spray on hand just in case the candles and torches don’t work.
11. Bottle and wine openers are a must. You can have the best craft beers around, but if you don’t have an easy way to open them all is lost.
12. Don’t forget extra seating. You want to make sure you have plenty of chairs for everyone. If you don’t have enough, you can remind guests to bring their own lawn chairs or borrow some.
13. Have some fun yard games set up. If there is a lull in the conversation, your guests will appreciate a game of corn hole or ladder ball.
14. Wireless outdoor speakers can help to set the scene. Make sure to pipe in some fun summer music for your guests.
With this checklist, your summer BBQ party is sure to be a hit! Have a Great Summer.,,
Grill photo by Food Plate photo by Lina Kivaka / Drinks photo by Thorsten Frenzel
New York Style Guide