Skincare in Your 40s – What you need to Know
With nearly 60+ million Millennials in the U.S. entering their late 30s and early 40s this year, mid-age skincare and cosmetic procedures are becoming quite the hot topic!
That’s why Miami Plastic Surgery’s renowned board-certified plastic surgeons Dr. Wolf, Dr. Polo, Heidi Urra, and Maylen Cardenas are offering up the best skincare tips and tricks for Americans entering their 40s. As humans enter their 30th year of living and beyond, collagen loss slowly begins to happen.
And when women enter their 40s, estrogen levels start to change and fat in the facial region may begin to decline as well. These three changes are natural, but there are several tactics men and women can follow to age well and support youthful, plump and glowing skin in their 40s.
Dr. Wolf and his team of board-certified cosmetic surgeons and injectors guide thousands of patients every year to take the proper, science-backed measures to minimize/combat these natural changes that happen to humans in their 40s! Now they are sharing their 10-point guide to having beautiful skin in your 40s!
- Incorporate Retinol into your skincare regimen.
- Quarterly facial neurotoxin injections and/or fillers can support anti-wrinkle efforts
- Annual laser treatments like Morpheus8
- Daily & nightly wrinkle creams, and eye serums/creams with science-backed active ingredients like retinoids are essential to a must for maintaining great skin at any age. Adding the best stem cell skincare products to your skincare routine is ideal for youthful skin.
- Sunscreen every day/7 days a week on your face, neck, and hands is a must in preventing accelerated aging/damage of the skin! And minimize sun exposure when possible, especially during the Summer months when the sun is closer to this side of the earth and more sun damage can be done.
- A mild facelift/neck lift at 45 can do wonders for maintaining a beautiful and refreshed look in your 40s! And a second facelift at 65 is a strategy many of our patients use to maintain beautiful and refreshing-looking faces– Start learning/researching and strategizing in your early 40s so that when you enter 45+, you have a proactive plan in place to rejuvenate and take care of your skin in the best manner possible.
- What you eat/put inside your body is just as important as what ingredients you put on your skin’s outermost layer (the epidermis’s stratum corneum). This means maintaining a balanced daily organic, healthy, and nutrient-rich diet is essential for maintaining healthy and beautiful skin.
- Annual dermatologist visits or skincare check-ups with a board-certified practitioner.
- Good consistent rest/sleep – Get enough sleep as this is when your skin cells repair themselves. It’s called beauty rest for a reason! Sleep gives your body time to refresh and renew and without proper sleep, your skin will reflect
- Regular facials/procedures like Hydrafacials and Micro-Needling exfoliate and remove dead skin cells on the outermost layer of the skin. Not only will this brighten the skin, eliminate/minimize dullness and even skin tone, it will also allow active skincare products to penetrate your skin more effectively.
About Miami Plastic Surgery:
Miami Plastic Surgery is a cosmetic surgical and medspa facility dedicated to the mission of helping patients reach their cosmetic and aesthetic goals by providing an array of surgical, nonsurgical, and skin care services that help patients look and feel their best.
MPS provides an array of services including breast augmentations, mommy makeovers, and facial surgeries including rhinoplasty and facelifts.
Learn more at miamiplasticsurgery.com/