New York-based menswear designer, Raun LaRose, opened his highly anticipated Autumn/Winter 2017-18 NYFWM debut collection to a thrilled crowd on Wednesday. “To Whom It May Concern” was presented at Cadillac House in the Soho neighborhood of Manhattan through the CFDA. With what can only be described as an intentional juxtaposition of art and mainstream society, LaRose designed a collection that was “designed for the alternative,” emphasizing the ‘new look’ sensibilities of today’s new media era.
- Blue dark exaggerated track pant
- Invisible mesh cropped varsity with lambs fur collar
- White PVC wide-leg trouser
- Beryl green exaggerated collar PVC shirt with circular metal zip closure light wash exaggerated track pant
- Beryl green track pant
- Metallic silver silk lame leg trouser
John Tan Casting provided models for Adrian Manual to utilize as a canvas while styling the Autumn/Winter 20117-18 collection. Hair was groomed into place by Carmel Lawless as she worked her assistants, Sara Banu, Anajancy Matos, Brad Geismondo, Mellisa Calvin and Stephanie King closely to create the perfect exaggerated avant-garde look. Alan Watts + Nuages provided music while models posted up in their Adidas footwear as Kevin Buitrago clicked away with his camera.