Oscars-inspired Cocktails Dreamed Up by AI
Having been elbow-deep in AI chats of late, the cocktail-minded team at The Mixer recently turned to this captivating new source to see what it would whip up when coaxed with cocktail prompts.
After all, if ChatGPT can pass parts of the US medical licensing exam, it should surely be able to dream up a mixed drink. Spoiler alert – it can and it did! It even provided the recipe to make each drink.
Leaning into another hot topic on everyone’s lips at the minute, our mixologists went with the 2023 Academy Awards as inspiration and challenged ChatGPT to dream up Oscar-inspired cocktails. Next up, these brand-new cocktails were then illustrated using the skills of the AI drawing platform Dall-E.
So, without further ado, here’s what the AI platforms came up with. Envelope, please!
Inspired by: Rihanna, nominated for Best Original Song (Lift Me Up, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever)
“A cocktail I would create for Rihanna would be called ‘The Fenty’. This cocktail would be a nod to her Fenty brand, and it would be a combination of flavors that reflect her bold, confident and stylish personality,” according to the AI platform.
The Fenty cocktail could be made with:
- 2 oz of rum (representing her Caribbean roots)
- 1 oz of passion fruit juice (representing her bold and exotic flavor)
- 1/2 oz of lime juice (expressing her fresh and zesty personality)
- 1/4 oz of agave syrup (representing her sweet and smooth style)
- A splash of Prosecco (representing the bubbly and celebratory mood)
Shake all ingredients except Prosecco with ice and strain into a chilled glass, top it with Prosecco. Garnish with a passion fruit wheel or a lime wheel.
Universe in a Glass
Inspired by: Everything Everywhere All at Once
FUN FACT: Because ChatGPT’s knowledge is currently still limited to 2021 data, it was not aware that Everything Everywhere All at Once is a movie and didn’t have any information at its disposal to work with. However, it still put in a valiant effort!
“A cocktail that could represent this idea might be called the “Universe in a Glass.” It could be made with a combination of different flavors and ingredients that represent different places and cultures,” ventured ChatGPT.
The Universe in a Glass cocktail could be made with:
- 2 oz of a neutral spirit (like vodka or gin) to represent the universality of the experience
- 1 oz of a tropical fruit juice (like pineapple or mango) to represent the warmth and exoticism of different cultures
- 1/2 oz of a liqueur (like Cointreau or Campari) to represent the diversity and complexity of different flavors
- 1/4 oz of a spicy syrup (like ginger or habanero) to represent the excitement and energy of new experiences
- A dash of a bitter liqueur (like Aperol) to represent the bittersweetness of life
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with a fruit slice or an herb sprig.
Inspired by: Cate Blanchett, nominated as Best Actress for her role in TÁR
According to ChatGPT, “A cocktail I would create for Cate Blanchett would be called “The Chameleon’. This cocktail would be a nod to her diverse and versatile performances in films such as Elizabeth and I’m Not There, where she played a wide range of characters and roles.”
The Chameleon cocktail could be made with:
- 2 oz of gin (representing her ability to adapt and change)
- 1 oz of elderflower liqueur (representing her elegance and refinement)
- 1/2 oz of lemon juice (representing her sharp and acidic wit)
- 1/4 oz of honey syrup (representing her subtle sweetness)
- A splash of sparkling wine (representing her bubbly and effervescent energy)
Shake all ingredients except sparkling wine with ice and strain into a chilled glass, top it with sparkling wine. Garnish with a lemon twist or an edible flower.
Inspired by: Elvis
“A cocktail I would create for Elvis Presley would be called ‘The King’. This cocktail would be a nod to Elvis’s status as the King of Rock and Roll and would be a combination of flavors that reflect his charismatic and energetic personality,” recommended ChatGPT.
The King cocktail could be made with:
- 2 oz of Bourbon or Tennessee whiskey (representing his southern roots)
- 1 oz of fresh lemon juice (representing his energetic and lively performances)
- 1/2 oz of honey syrup (representing his smooth and sweet voice)
- 1/4 oz of grenadine (representing the color and excitement of his performances)
- A dash of bitters (representing the bittersweet memories of his legacy)
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel or a cherry.
Inspired by: Tom Cruise, nominated as Best Producer for Top Gun
“A cocktail I would create for Tom Cruise would be called “Top Gun.” The drink would be a nod to one of his most iconic films and would be a combination of flavors that reflect his energetic and adventurous personality,” stated ChatGPT.
The Top Gun cocktail could be made with:
- 2 oz of gin (representing the adventurous spirit)
- 1 oz of lime juice (representing the freshness and the zest)
- 1/2 oz of simple syrup (representing the sweetness)
- 1/2 oz of Campari (representing the boldness and the intensity)
- A splash of grenadine (representing the color and the excitement)
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with a lime wheel or a cherry.
For more drinkspiration, please visit TheMixer.com