Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce Honors 6 Pillars of the Business Community at its 95th Annual “Magical Affair” Gala
MIAMI BEACH, FL (June 5, 2017) —Over 900 guests gathered at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel on Saturday, June 3, 2017, as the Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce (Chamber) celebrated another historic year as an organization at its 95th Annual Gala, presented by City National Bank. A “Magical Affair” was co-hosted by Chamber Chairman of Board, Wayne Pathman and NBC 6’s Kelly Blanco and was organized by Gala chair, Jessica Fuentes Victor of Café Avanti, with co-chairs, Jeff Greene of 84 West Studios and Leila Chang of Ideal Lifestyle Concierge, among other committee members. The event honored six pillars of the community that have contributed to the success of Miami Beach’s business community and were:
· Art Basel Miami Beach, receiving the Corporate Citizen Of The Year Award
· Breakthru Beverage Florida receiving the Jan Pfeiffer Distinguished Service Award
· Tibor Hollo, Florida East Coast Realty, receiving the Leonard “DOC” Baker Lifetime Achievement Award
· Howard M. Lorber, Douglas Elliman, receiving the Member Of The Decade Award
· Joy V.W. Malakoff, City of Miami Beach Commissioner, receiving the City National Bank Beach High Alumni Outstanding Achievement Award
· Tara Solomon, TARA, Ink., receiving the Excellence In Tourism Award
Guests were greeted by a magical playground, which included a dazzling red carpet experience with high energy performances by Aura Entertainment’s team of contortionists, jaw dropping aerialists, a City National Bank Vogue booth and ice sculpture. The magical affair included a spellbinding performance by Miami Beach’s top Magician ENIGMA, which was presented by presented by Mango’s Tropical Café. Interactive cocktail experiences were provided by La Marca, Finlandia and Woodford Reserve, and guests danced the night away courtesy of the band The Clique.
The annual event also supports the fundraising of the Chamber’s 501(c)3 Education Foundation, which benefits educational initiatives to academic departments within Miami Beach. The live and silent auction raised thousands of dollars for the foundation
The Miami Beach Chamber of Commerce thanks Loews Miami Beach, Warren Henry Automotive, Viacom, and Breakthru Beverage Florida, Southern Audio & Visual for their continued support each year.