NEW YORK, NY On February 15th, the Rookie USA Fashion Show returned to the runway, showcasing the nation’s most fashionable kids and clothing lines. Hosted by Nigel Barker, the show displayed all the latest looks from top international brands, including Levi’s®, Converse, Jordan, Hurley and Nike. Celebrity attendees included Tiki Barber, Victor Cruz, Devon Still, Adrienne Bailon, Carlos Beltran, DJ Envy, and Toni and Towanda Braxton.
In addition, Jordan Brand unveiled select pieces from its Fall 2017 RE2PECT line of boys’ and girls’ apparel and accessories. The exclusive runway showcase offered a peek into Jordan Brand’s full Fall 2017 RE2PECT collection for kids and its first-ever RE2PECT line for infants — including onesies, bibs and booties — later this summer. RE2PECT was introduced in a campaign for Derek Jeter’s final season with a limited-edition apparel and footwear line. Jordan Brand will continue to expand the RE2PECT line to inspire athletes and fans to achieve greatness in whatever they do.
The invitation-only Rookie USA fashion show, presented by Haddad Brands, took place at NYC’s Skylight Clarkson Sq. All proceeds will benefit Make-A-Wish® Metro New York, an organization dedicated to granting the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. Since its founding in 1983, the chapter has fulfilled the wishes of more than 11,000 children in the Metro New York area. On average, a wish is granted every 35 minutes across the United States. The perfect partner for Rookie USA, Make-A-Wish transforms the lives of thousands of children and their families each year.
Macy Charles, 18, who suffers from sickle cell anemia, and Rylee Bess, 16, who has cystic fibrosis, are two such children.
Both wished to travel to NYC to be models for a day, and thanks to Make-A-Wish, their dreams will be realized. Macy will be attending the Rookie USA fashion show, getting her hair and makeup done, walking the red carpet, and sitting front row as a VIP. Two days later, fashion photographer Nigel Barker – a longtime supporter and participant in the Rookie USA Fashion Show – will treat Macy and Rylee to an exclusive photoshoot. Nigel stated, “Witnessing the fun, excitement and anticipation my own kids experienced walking in the Rookie USA show was like a dream come true for the whole family. I immediately knew Rookie USA would be the ultimate partner for Make-A -Wish, an organization that I’ve collaborated with granting fashion and modeling related wishes for a decade. When a child walks in the Rookie USA show it’s not just the child who has their wish granted but the whole family.”
- IN THE SPOTLIGHT: Hip-Hop Pioneer and BMI recording artist Sky Katz from America’s Got Talent
ON THE RUNWAY: Celebrity kid models included:
- Leah Still, daughter of Houston Texan Devon Still
- Kennedy Cruz, daughter of football star Victor Cruz
- Giovanna daughter of the American reality television personality Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi
- Gabriella, Milania, and Audriana Giudice, children of reality television cast member on The Real Housewives of New Jersey Teresa Giudice
- Antonia, Gino and Joey Gorga, children of reality television cast member on The Real Housewives of New Jersey Melissa Gorga
- Brooklyn Barber, daughter of the former football running back for the New York Giants Tiki Barber
- Jack and Jasmine Barker, children of photographer and TV personality Nigel Barker.
- Alyssa Cheatham child actress, model and personality who stars in the film Every Secret Thing
- Sienna Dresher, daughter of reality star Aviva Dresher
- Jagger, Jurzie and Jordynn Cromartie children of American football cornerback Antonio Cromartie
- Charly Goldson, daughter of Atlanta Falcons Dashon Goldson.
- Theo Mallis, nephew of executive director of the Council of Fashion Designers of America Fern Mallis
- Jaliyah Manuel Basketball Phenom and Instagram star
- Hails from Hails World Instagram stars.
- Harper and Saint Tillman children of stylist Kiki Tillman
- Kiara and Ivana Beltran, daughters of the Houston Astros Carlos Beltran
- Jet Marie, niece of actress Adrienne Bailon
- Azariah, daughter of rapper Fat Joe
- Johan, son of rapper Fabolous and Emily B.
- London, Logan and Madison, children of DJ Envy
- Catalina and Joaquin, children of DJ Camilo
- Braxton and Brooke, children of actress Towanda Braxton
- Aryam, son of Orange is the New Black’s actress Dasha Polanco
- Grace Skrine, daughter of NY Jet Buster Skrine
- Jadelyn, daughter of actor Christopher Jackson
- IN THE CROWD: Confirmed celebrity guests included Nigel and Cristen Barker, Kevin and Danielle Jonas, Teresa Guidice, Melissa Gorga, Nicole “Snooki” Polozzi, Jenni “Jwoww,” Toni and Towanda Braxton, Adrienne Bailon, Victor Cruz, Devon Still, Tiki and Traci Barber,
Antonio Cromartie, Carlos Beltran, Carl Banks, Nigel Sylvester, Buster Skrine, Fern Mallis, Fabolous, Birdman, Fat Joe, DJ Camilo, DJ Envy, Christopher Jackson, Ariane Andrew, Ashley North and Dashon Goldson, Aviva Dresher, Clare Foley, Eden Sasson, Jaqui Reid