Kevan Hall Fall 2023
The timeless standard “Diamonds Are Forever,” sung by the legendary chanteuse Dame Shirley Bassey, served as inspiration for Kevan Hall’s Fall 2023 collection – shown under the moniker FACETED.
Hall looks to Bassey’s 1950’s glamour and meteoric rise to stardom as a pivotal moment that continues to define modern ideas of beauty and sophistication to this day. After decades of refinement, Hall’s latest collection continues his brand’s legacy of impactful simplicity.
His gemstone palette runs the aural spectrum from emerald and sapphire to ruby and amethyst, each used to offer a sharp contrast to the buttery soft crepes and luxurious plush of Hall’s rich, deep velvets.
Hall achieves a prismatic effect on many fabrics by using crystalline structured materials that refract light into a spectacular colorful treat for the eyes. Gold embellished tweeds give a continental nod to Parisian classics, while the high gloss metal accents lend a modern sleekness that grounds the two aesthetics definitively in the here and now.
The luxury experience was further defined by the hand-carved fur coats and matelassé, each sculpted into images of roses, and dyed threads that were woven together to create unique tri-colored guipure laces.
Diamonds from Jeffrey Daniels Unique Designs for Gem Platinum were used to lustrous results throughout Hall’s collection with standouts being the shadow fox poncho, cut-out evening dresses, and the high-style jewelry which adorned almost every look.
“Kevan Hall is always a pleasure because he’s the epitome of taste for the red carpet, eveningwear, and luncheon wear. And what’s really important for the industry is that Kevan Hall is showing in New York and is a wonderful addition to the lineup which reflects the energy and vibrancy of American fashion,” noted Constance White, who was in attendance.
About Kevan Hall
Detroit-born Kevan Hall knew by age seven that he wanted to be a fashion designer. He embraced haute couture as an interpretive art form, setting out to redefine glamour for a new generation.
He stepped into the role of Design and Creative Director at the hallowed house of Halston in the Fall of 1998 determined to revive the dormant brand. By the Spring of 2000, he had dressed a distinguished coterie that included Celine Dion, Sharon Stone, Charlize Theron and Salma Hayek.
He launched his signature Kevan Hall Collection in 2002, a reflection of a fashion philosophy that emphasizes the purity of style, incomparable tailoring, and sensuously draped silhouettes uncluttered by modern design.
Hall also founded the The Novus Forum, an international collective trade show to support womenswear and accessory designers, which has become a fashion destination for global buyers in the New York fashion market.
In 2018, he co-founded the Black Design Collective, an organization that supports young costume and fashion designers through scholarships, education, and business workshops and mentorships.
RUN OF SHOW
- Alabaster piped lapel jacket with mesh turtleneck and striped pleated skirt
- Alabaster piped godet dress
- Alabaster draped bustier with striped pleated skirt
- Winter white metallic tweed bubble coat
- Winter white metallic tweed drop torso dress
- Onyx metallic tweed wrap zip dress
- Onyx metallic tweed zip-front jacket and A-line skirt
- Onyx metallic tweed racer top and clip dot tiered skirt
- Black diamond fox poncho with turtleneck and onyx velvet jeans
- Multi-staggered tweed dress
- Prism pantsuit
- Prism high-low bustier with train
- Teal taffeta ballerina dress with diamante dégradé bow
- Emerald one-shoulder bubbledress with diamante dégradé accent
- Fuchsia one-shoulder jumpsuit with diamante dégradé bow
- Teal cocktail dress with diamante dégradé bow
- Ruby floral guipure lace mini with long sleeves
- Ruby floral guipure lace off-the-shoulder dress with kick godet
- Ruby coldshoulder bow blouse with drop waist skirt
- Ruby bustier cargo pocket gown
- Turtleneck racer mini dress with rose jacquard taffeta bubble
- Amethyst rose-cut fox chubby bolero with a black turtleneck and passementerie palazzo pant
- Illusion rose jacquard taffeta tucked dirndl dress
- Sapphire cowl-back liquid lamégown
- Bronze liquid lamé draped bustier hi-low dress
- Blush rose cut fox coat over 4-stripe tuxedo pant
- Onyx velvet wrap tuxedo jumpsuit
- Onyx off-shoulder double breast tuxedo pantsuit
- Stippled amethyst off-the-shoulder ballerina dress
- Stippled amethyst pantsuit
- Black crepe column bustier with stippled amethyst bow
- Onyx velvet sheath with rose matelassé sleeve
- Onyx rose matelassé A-line dress
- Teal sequin stripe tulle dress with ostrich feather embellished sleeves
- Onyx guipure lace torso dress with taffeta skirt
- Onyx diamante mock vest tuxedo and diamante tap short
- Teal diamante wrap dress
- Ruby diamond cut-out diamante gown
- Black diamond halter gown
- Emerald diamante crossover halter gown