ELLE HONORS AMY ADAMS, KATHY BATES, FELICITY JONES, ANNA KENDRICK, AJA NAOMI KING, HELEN MIRREN, LUPITA NYONG’O, AND KRISTEN STEWART AT ELLE WOMEN IN HOLLYWOOD AWARDS
23RD Annual Celebration Emceed by Anthony Anderson
ELLE, the world’s largest fashion magazine brand, celebrated the 23rd annual ELLE Women in Hollywood awards at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills last night. The event honored Amy Adams, Kathy Bates, Felicity Jones, Anna Kendrick, Aja Naomi King, Helen Mirren, Lupita Nyong’o and Kristen Stewart for their creative contributions to the world of film.
Jeremy Renner, Sharon Stone, Ron Howard, Ben Affleck, Regina King, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Mira Nair, and Dakota Fanning presented to Adams, Bates, Jones, Kendrick, King, Mirren, Nyong’o, and Stewart respectively. Actor and comedian Anthony Anderson served as the emcee for the evening.
- ELLE Editor-in-Chief, Robbie Myers opened the awards with a rousing speech telling the audience “More than a few of us have been pondering recently just how a woman holding power might use it, compared to a man in the same position. And as the rhetoric has heated up, particularly in the last few weeks, how women are talked about, treated, perceived, judged, represented, dismissed, celebrated, and portrayed, as well as how they— we—accrue power and influence—the politics of sex and gender has become one of the defining issues of this moment, and of our time. Such questions are at the core of ELLE’s mission, and makes this is a particularly poignant time to be able to stand up here to celebrate and reflect on the power of Women in Hollywood and beyond.”
- It was an emotional and funny evening at the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards. From Lupita Nyong’o’s touching speech to comedic words from Anna Kendrick and Kathy Bates guests were either laughing or wiping their tears throughout the evening.
- Helen Mirren gave an inspiring speech about her childhood dream to become a star and shared life advice with the crowd of eager women telling the audience “it’s better to have three real friends than 300 friends on Facebook” after being introduced by co-star Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
- Dakota Fanning, who presented to friend and former co-star Kristen Stewart, charmed the audience as she reminisced about meeting on the set of the Twilight series saying that Kristen has “held my hair back and talked me through heartbreak.” The two actresses, who are very close, did not stop giggling and chatting the whole night. Their love and appreciation for each other was evident in both Dakota’s presentation speech as well as Kristen’s acceptance. #besties
- Lupita Nyong’o choked up onstage after the heartfelt introduction by friend and mentor Mira Nair who acknowledged her for her deeply powerful performances telling the audience that “this is what I do best…cry.”
- Ben Affleck’s and Anna Kendrick’s admiration for each other was undeniable when she took to the stage after he praised her for her witty tweets and sharp intellect calling her a “triple threat with years of school plays behind her.”
- Honoree Felicity Jones touched up her glamorous look with L’Oreal Paris lipstick while Karen David stopped by the dazzling Hearts On Fire display to admire the striking new collection of diamonds trying on several pieces with friends who she posed for photos with.
- Kristen Stewart celebrated the evening with her girlfriend St Vincent. The two were inseparable and left the evening hand in hand.
ELLE Editor-in-Chief Robbie Myers along with presenting sponsors L’Oréal Paris and Hearts On Fire Diamonds, and supporting sponsor Calvin Klein Collection, brought together the honorees and their presenters, along with fellow artists, legends and leaders from across the industry, for this year’s dinner and awards celebration.
Additional attendees included Chelsea Handler, Michelle Monaghan, Tracee Ellis Ross, Alessandra Ambrosio, Constance Zimmer, Nina Dobrev, Ashley Benson, Brittany Snow, Catherine Hardwicke, January Jones, Lucy Hale, Vanessa Hudgens, Vivica A. Fox, Makenzie Leigh, Nikki Reid, Sophia Amoruso, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams, Katie Lowes, Juliette Lewis, Betsy Beers, Joel McHale, Niecy Nash, Shiri Appleby, Karen David, Sasha Lane, Shay Mitchell, Odette Annable, Bellamy Young, Annabelle Wallis, June Diane Raphael, Amber Valetta, Yara Shahidi, Karla Souza, Katie Dippold, Cheryl Boone Isaacs, Leslye Headland, Megan Colligan, Tamara Hunter, Blair Rich, Bonnie Arnold, Cathy Schulman, Sara Fischer, Sue Kroll, Kay Cannon, Keri Putnam, Kimberly Steward, Maryann Brandon, Michelle Bohan, Sophie Watts, and more.
Hearts On Fire was worn by: Alessandra Ambrosio, Brittany Snow, Nikki Reed and Robbie Myers.
In addition to being feted at the annual awards dinner in Los Angeles, the honorees are also featured on individual covers of ELLE’s November Women in Hollywood issue, on newsstands now, with special augmented reality technology powered by HuffPost RYOT through the ELLENow app. You can view the portfolio on ELLE.com.
Past ELLE Women in Hollywood honorees have included: Alicia Vikander, Amy Schumer, Anna Hathaway, Annette Bening, Ava DuVernay, Barbra Streisand, Carey Mulligan, Cate Blanchett, Dakota Johnson, Diane Keaton, Gena Rowlands, Gwyneth Paltrow, Halle Berry, Jane Fonda, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Lange, Jodie Foster, Julianne Moore, Kate Winslet, Kerry Washington, Marion Cotillard, Melissa McCarthy, Nancy Meyers, Reese Witherspoon, Salma Hayek, Scarlett Johansson, Shailene Woodley, Shirley MacLaine, Sigourney Weaver, Tina Fey, Viola Davis, Zoe Saldana, and more.
ELLE is the No. 1 fashion magazine brand in the world, with 46 editions, 34 websites, and more than 158 supplements worldwide. The ELLE US brand reaches more than 30 million readers, users, fans and followers every month who find in ELLE a rich mix of fashion, beauty and culture that invites the reader to discover their personal style. ELLE is also the foundation of numerous brand extensions, including ELLE Décor (25 editions), ELLE à table (4 editions), and ELLEgirl (3 editions). ELLE is owned by the Lagardere Active group (France), and ELLE US is published by Hearst Magazines, a unit of Hearst Corporation, one of the nation’s largest diversified media and information companies. With 20 titles in the U.S., Hearst is the leading publisher of monthly magazines reaching 84 million adults each year (Fall 2013 MRI GfK). For more information visit ELLE.com, or follow ELLE on Twitter (@ELLEmagazine), Facebook (facebook.com/ELLEmagazine), Google+ (plus.google.com/+ELLE), Instagram (@ELLEUSA), Pinterest (pinterest.com/ELLE), or Tumblr (ELLE.tumblr.com)
ABOUT L’ORÉAL PARIS
The L’Oréal Paris division of L’Oréal USA, Inc. is a total beauty care brand dedicated to empowering women by offering the most luxurious and innovative products and services available in the mass market. The brand’s signature tagline, “Because I’m Worth It,” was born in the United States in 1971 to celebrate the beauty and intrinsic self-worth of women, and for more than 100 years, L’Oréal Paris has been providing women around the world with products in four major beauty categories: hair color, haircare, skincare and cosmetics. With L’Oréal’s invention of hair color in 1909, the brand continues to serve as the leading innovator of hair products across color, care, and styling with brands such as Superior Preference, Féria, Excellence Crème, Advanced Haircare, Advanced Hairstyle, Elnett Satin Hairspray, the Ever collection, and OleoTherapy. As the #1 skin expert brand worldwide, L’Oréal Paris provides scientifically-advanced skincare products that are clinically proven to address individual skin concerns through its renowned brands Revitalift, Age Perfect, and Sublime Bronze. In 2014, L’Oréal Paris changed the way women interact with makeup by introducing Makeup Genius, an app that allows users to scan a L’Oréal Paris product or advertisement to virtually try on individual products or curated looks. L’Oréal Paris’ iconic cosmetics collections include Infallible, True Match, Colour Riche, Voluminous, and Visible Lift. For more information about L’Oréal Paris and to receive personalized advice, expert tips, and exclusive content , please visit www.lorealparisusa.com or follow on Instagram (@LOrealMakeup, @LOrealHair, @LOrealSkin, @LOrealMens), Snapchat (@LOrealMakeup), Twitter (@LOrealParisUSA), Facebook (@LOrealParisUSA), and Pinterest (@LOrealParisUS).
ABOUT HEARTS ON FIRE
Hearts On Fire®, The World’s Most Perfectly Cut Diamond®, is a leading global designer of luxury branded diamonds and diamond jewelry, and one of the most widely recognized and bestselling luxury diamond jewelry brands in the world. Founded in 1996, and acquired by Chow Tai Fook Jewellry Group in 2014, Hearts On Fire introduced the first-ever branded diamond and instantly changed the jewelry industry forever. The global brand continues to be recognized for its superior craftsmanship and exclusive cut – the single most important factor in a diamond’s value – resulting in diamonds of extraordinary beauty and brilliance. Today, Hearts On Fire offers a robust variety of designer bridal and fashion diamond jewelry collections that integrate the brand’s timeless expression with today’s top fashion trends, and their products are distinguished by an unparalleled sparkle. Hearts On Fire offers distribution through a rapidly growing global retail partner network of more than 750 locations in 32 countries, including 150 points on sale in Hong Kong and Greater China, 17 HOF brand stores around the world, www.heartsonfire.com and authorized HOF retailer websites. For more information, please visit www.heartsonfire.com.
ABOUT CALVIN KLEIN, INC.
Calvin Klein, Inc. is one of the leading fashion design and marketing studios in the world. It designs and markets women’s and men’s designer collection apparel and a range of other products that are manufactured and marketed through an extensive network of licensing agreements and other arrangements worldwide. Product lines under the various Calvin Klein brands include women’s dresses and suits, men’s dress furnishings and tailored clothing, men’s and women’s sportswear and bridge and collection apparel, golf apparel, jeanswear, underwear, fragrances, eyewear, women’s performance apparel, hosiery, socks, footwear, swimwear, jewelry, watches, outerwear, handbags, small leather goods, and home furnishings (including furniture). For more information, please visit www.calvinklein.com.