ACCESSORIES COUNCIL CELEBRATED THE 21ST ANNUAL ACE AWARDS
- Style Icon Award – Betsey Johnson, presented by Victoria Justice
- Breakthrough Award – Kendra Scott, presented by Ken Downing of Neiman Marcus
- Brand of the Year – Loeffler Randall, accepted by Jessie Randall, presented by GaranceDoré
- Trailblazer Award – Monica Rich Kosann, presented by Danielle and Laura KosannofThe New Potato
- Legacy Award – Polaroid Eyewear, accepted by Henri Blomqvist ofSafilo Group, presented by Elliott Sailors
- Sustainability Award – PVH Corp., accepted by Chairman and CEO, Emanuel “Manny” Chirico, presented by Brooke Shields
- Retailer of the Year – Shopbop, accepted by Darcy Penick, presented by CristinMilioti
- Designer of the Year –Joseph Altuzarra, presented by Marina Larroudé, Fashion Director, Barneys
- Business VisionaryAward –Jason Rabinof Global Brands Group, presented by Artie Rabin
- Business Leadership Award – The NPD Group, accepted by KarynSchoenbart, presented by Diane Sullivan ofCaleres
- Style Ambassador –Eva Longoria, presented by Robert Verdi
- Style Influencers – The Get Down’s Jeriana San Juan& Grandmaster Flash, presented by Shameik Moore
- Excellence in Costume Design- Jenn Rogien, presented by Orange is the New Black’s Alysia Reiner
The Accessories Council celebrated its 21st annual ACE Awards, honoring individuals and companies who have furthered the awareness and use of accessories. The ACE Awards were created in 1997 to pay homage to those that have made great strides in raising the awareness of the accessories industry. Over the past 21 years, the Accessories Council has gone on to honor and recognize global brands and pioneers, positioning them in the forefront of the accessories industry. The ACE Awards were presented to designers, brands, retailers, celebrities and media who have helped to enhance sales and promote accessories. Additionally, Platinum Sponsor of the event was PVH Corp. along with Gold Sponsor, Marchon and Silver Sponsors,Burlington Stores, Caleres, G-III,Global Brands Group, Judith Leiber Couture, Kendra Scott, LIM College, Ross Stores, Inc., Safilo Group, SIGNAL BRANDS, Sunrise Brands and Swarovski.
Past award recipients and guests have included: Sarah Jessica Parker, Alexander Wang, Lady Gaga, Diane Von Furstenberg, Kerry Washington, Kanye West, Julianna Margulies & Daniel Lawson, Heidi Klum, Rachel Zoe, Philip Lim, Jennifer Lopez, Flo Rida, Dakota Fanning, Naomi Campbell, Priyanka Chopra, and more.
The Accessories Council, a not-for-profit international trade association established in 1994. Its mission is to stimulate consumer awareness and demand for fashion accessory products. The Accessories Council serves the industry globally, which generates over $54 billion dollars annually in the United States alone. Membership is represented internationally by the world’s leading brand names, designers, publications, retailers and associated providers for the accessories, eyewear and footwear industries.
Monday, August 7, 2017 at Cipriani 110 East 42nd Street, New York City
For updates on the evening, follow the Accessories Council on Twitter @AccessoryNews Instagram @accessoriescouncil and hashtag #ACEAWARDS.
photos by Getty Images for Accessories Council