3 CBD Recipes to Try for a First-Time User
Cannabis recipes have been around for centuries and have become increasingly innovative in recent years to create some truly delicious treats. While THC is traditionally used to create edible goodies, that’s not your only option. If you’re not interested in the psychoactive effects of THC, but still want to harness the health benefits of cannabis, there are some excellent CBD recipes you can try instead. Finding ways to consume CBD that are more enjoyable will make it easier to test out whether CBD is right for you, and enjoy some tasty recipes along the way.
Start with these 3 to experiment with in your kitchen.
If you’ve never made gummies before, you’ll need to purchase a mold. While you can go the traditional gummy bear route, they have silicone molds available in virtually any shape nowadays, so feel free to get creative, especially if you’re going to share them.
In addition to the mold, you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup of juice in your preferred flavor (blood orange, strawberry, and watermelon are delicious)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- CBD oil (based on your preferred dosage)
How to make CBD gummies:
- Using a whisk, mix the lemon juice, honey, and flavored juice on the stove over low heat.
- Slowly add in the gelatin, mixing it in as you go. You want the texture to be completely smooth.
- Add in the CBD oil gradually and stir until it’s fully integrated into your mix.
- Pour the mixture into your mold (with a cookie sheet underneath for stability) and leave it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Once your gummies are hardened, take them out of the mold and store them in a secure container and enjoy over the course of several weeks. If you don’t want to make the investment to buy a silicone mold or don’t want to deal with the hassle of making gelatin, you can also try CBD Gummies that are pre-made.
A classic cannabis recipe, brownies, can also be made with CBD. While brownies are typically easy to make (especially if you go the box route), we’d thought we’d share a recipe with you for the best ooey gooey brownies that will take this treat to the next level.
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ sticks of butter melted
- 6-10 oz of high-quality chocolate chips (depending on desired chocolatey-ness – we say the more the better!)
- CBD oil (based on your preferred dosage – we recommend about 200mg for the batch)
How to make your chocolatey CBD brownies:
- Mix butter and sugar, then add in eggs, vanilla, and CBD oil. Beat for about 2 minutes until it appears light and fluffy.
- Melt half your chocolate chips and add gradually using a whisk.
- Use a mesh sifter to then add flour, salt, and cocoa powder to your liquid mix.
- Add the remaining half of chocolate (un-melted) into the batter.
- Bake on 350°F for 20 minutes for gooier brownies. If you want them cooked more, put them back in for 5-10 minutes.
Add a scoop of ice cream, caramel drizzle, or fudge syrup over the top of your brownies to make a decadent dessert that’s worth sharing.
One of the easiest ways to make CBD-infused coffee at home is to use CBD oil. This recipe is fairly straightforward:
- Simply make your coffee as you like it.
- Add some drops of your CBD oil into the coffee, depending on your preferred dosage. (Typically, you want to use about 5-15mg is recommended per cup.)
Note: One other thing you should consider when making your own CBD coffee is the flavor, since some oils can change the taste. When selecting a CBD oil, you may want to choose a specific flavor that’s used just for making coffee, like vanilla or hazelnut, which will complement that natural coffee taste.
These recipes are fairly simple, but they give you easy ways to integrate your CBD into your daily life in a more fun and creative way. Baking with CBD is all about figuring out which flavors you like, how much oil to use, and how you like to consume your CBD. Once you get your CBD baking skills down, you can experiment with more complex ingredients, higher dosages, or even make treats for your dog or cat.